Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Only an 8 hour day!

Since Nick took two weeks off to come home and help with the move he had to make up those hours the week before and after the move. Unfortunately he is stuck working 80 hours this week so I don't get to see much of him. We were so excited yesterday because he only had to work 8 hours so he got off at 4! I had stumbled upon the Pacific Island Club one morning as I explored the island solo and decided I must take Nick back. I felt like I was in a miniature tropical Disneyland!We stayed for happy hour and enjoyed an evening off! I ordered a strawberry pina colada but Nick liked it so much he had to order one too. The look on the waiters face when he handed it to me and Nick took it was too funny! He sat there thoroughly enjoying his foo-foo drink complete with umbrella and shrimp shaped orange :)

We wandered around the resort and enjoyed people watching. On the way out the door we were stopped by a family that Nick and seen in the ER. The Mom thanked Nick for taking care of their daughter and told him that she was doing much better! They were so appreciative and grateful to Nick. As we walked away I heard the little girl tell her dad "Dad, that was the man that was nice to me" It was pretty cute and very satisfying for Nick!

On our way home we explored a new restaurant...quickly becoming a new past time! It was a Vietnamese and it was excellent! For dessert we had a fried banana covered in tapioca and cherry syrup...mmmmm! So much for fat camp!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so fun!!! I need that drink in my hand right now. I am coming down from three day partyfest :) Wish you with us this weekend! Good work on the blog and YAY for interweb!

    ReplyDelete